sobota, 23 lipca 2016

Baileys Garden Tiki Torch


This shape remind me ancient greek times when the only sources of light in the night were stars and fire.




In this project I have used Baileys bottle coated with Annie Sloan chalk paints.

Sometimes you try to find things, they are so close but you have to go around it to discover them. I remember how surprised I was when I found Annie Sloan chalk paints. I went through so many American, Australian websites with chalk paints but I didn't know that the main brand shop of Annie Sloan is based in Oxford...'a few steps' from my house.



So, I coated this bottle with two layers. As a base coat I have used Barcelona Orange then Cream paint. A few simple technics help me to get what I wanted. To get a natural aged looking bottle I have put in a few places thicker layer of cream paint, once dried up it shows natural cracks.



The idea of this project was to build tiki torch bottle well presented not only inside the house but also as a fully functional garden tiki torch. I have connected painted Baileys bottle with my hand made tiki wick set built from: 1/2 inches wide natural cotton wick, steel and copper. To give it more character I have used two pence coin.



One of my good friend mixed this cream with coconut liqueur and that was it! If you didn't try it yet, go for it! :-) Remember, don't mix it with the paint ;-)

My Baileys garden tiki torch bottle is available on Etsy or you can buy it straight by clicking on the PayPal button below. Only one Baileys tiki torch available.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz