niedziela, 2 listopada 2014

Portmeirion - a little bit of Italy in Wales


There is a village in Great Britain which looks much different than others villages in this country.
If somebody closed my eyes and asked me: Where am I?
I will answer: In one of the Mediterranean towns.
The maker of this fabulous place was Sir Clough Williams-Ellis who was inspired by beautiful small town in Italy - Portofino.
It took him 50 years to built all the buildings in the village and in my opinion it came out very nice.
This 'small town' is in possession of charitable organization and you can visit it by buying a ticket which cost £10.
This village works like a big hotel where people can rent a room in one of many buildings. The income from renting rooms is going to charity.
I visited many villages and towns in Great Britain and so far for me Sir Cloug Williams-Ellis built the prettiest one.

Portmeirion is located in North Wales very close to Snowdonia National Park.













































If the above post has helped you plan the trip to Portmeirion, click the button below and buy me a coffee

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz